Meet the LGBTQ+ dealmakers, trailblazers, and glass-ceiling breakers in business, politics, and beyond.
The people who are creating national public policy, running billion-dollar tech enterprises, and winning Olympic medals. Andrew Gelwicks interviews the leaders who have forged their own paths and changed the world.
From Troye Sivan to Margaret Cho, George Takei to Billie Jean King, Shangela to Adam Rippon, each person credits their queer identity with giving them an edge in their paths to success. Their stories brim with the hard-won lessons gained over their careers. With variances in age, background, careers, and races, key themes shine through:
- Channeling anger in a positive way — using it as rocket fuel to succeed
- Leveraging your difference to beget new ideas and strategies
- Bridging generational gaps
- Accessing resources to conquer crippling denial, internalized homophobia, and doubt
- The power of the Internet as a tool of self-discovery
- Using your sensitivity and attunement to read the room, deciding when to fit in and when to stand out
- Finding a queer tribe and learning to help and lean on one another
Collecting incisive, deeply personal conversations with LGBTQ+ trailblazers about how they leveraged the challenges and insights they had as relative outsiders to succeed in the worlds of business, tech, politics, Hollywood, sports and beyond, The Queer Advantage celebrates the unique, supercharged power of queerness.